Removing flexible filler

Hello,
Last year, I sanded and varnished by floorboards. at the time, it seemed a good idea to use white flexible filler to fill in the gaps between the boards. However, I was a bit messy with the filler and got quite a lot of it on the floorboards. No problem as it wiped off easily.
Stupidly, once I had covered the area with this white goo, I had and early night as I was knackered. Next morning, the filler was very hard to remove, so being a lazy git, I left it (white filler on white, stained floorboards didn't look too bad and I thought it would rub off with wear.
Well, it hasn't. It's picked up dirt and looks rather nasty.And suggestions as to what will remove it? It is too sticky to scrape off.
??
spog

Cellulose thinners removes most of these sort of things - but probably the paint as well. Halfords sell it.
--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

A broad (half inch upwards) *razor-sharp* chisel used *upside down* at the correct angle will take it off without damaging the wood if done carefully. It must be used in such a way that it slides over the wood without digging in. Press gently behind the blade to keep it in contact and produce a clean cut.
Sharpness is the key, practice somewhere first.