Re: Paint Question

door that is actually made of a plastic/UPVC. The weather has taken its

>toll and the door colour has faded so I need to paint it - my neighbours >have painted theirs with a coloured paint, but I would like to maintain >the wood effect. Does anyone know what sort of wood coloured >paint/coloured varnish etc I should use on UPVC - most paints I have >found in DIY stores say only to use on wood or metals.

I guess if you diluted a Colron dye with a volatile solvent like cellulose thinners, it might etch the UPVC. Then again it might make a bloody awful mess. Traditional oil based gloss paint is thin enough that you might still see the design underneath a thin coat. I think I'd follow the neighbour's example.

Reply to
stuart noble