Re: Laminate flooring advice

On or about Fri, 25 Jul 2003 at 10:53 GMT,

And it will probably do a better job of sound deadening when you walk on it.

Agree with all that. The difficulty of the job (in this case) is related to the complexity of the "twiddly bits". If you've got 4 radiators in the room, it's not very square and you've got alcoves all over the place in a small room it will be more complicated and a lot slower than a large simple rectangular room. Laying large numbers of uncut boards really is the easy bit. Ditto the underlay.
--
Mark
Please remove nospam | For the rich, there's therapy.
John Snow wrote:

I've tried both, and I definitely prefer the membrane + 1/4" fiber board approach. Warmer and quieter.

Yes.
Depends how much you're doing. The first room I ever did I used a hand saw. Not too much hard work. Last room I did I used my trusty sliding chopsaw, which makes life much easier. I guess it comes down to whether you want a new toy or not.
--
Grunff