Re: help with power sockets in the kitchen

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNEWS (Alex H) wrote in message

TLC do under worktop sockets; http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Domestic_Index/Under_Worktop_Sockets/index.html
Never seen stainless steel pattress boxes. You don't actually see the pattress box as the socket covers it!

Well, if mounted to the bottom of the cupboard, then you have to use a surface mounted pattress, which will be visible. They are widely available, although frequently with the socket provided rather than separately. They are particularly common in Victorian schools and light industrial premises.
See Screwfix item 14687.
Christian.

I don't think this is what the OP was after. He did specifically say "brushed stainless" which implies to me he has something like 18257 in mind. This finish is not quite the same as the "steel" finish on 14687 as far as I can see, though it might be hidden enough by the plate not to matter too much. The biggest problem I can think of is that boxes such as those supplied with 14687 have conduit punch-outs all around the sides which, if you are looking for a "high class" finish in a kitchen (I suspect the OP is) do rather shout "factory". :-)
Hwyl!
M.
--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html

ts/index.html
Anyone know if these are available with the complete unit in stainless steel . ie the socket also.
Thanks
Alex -- Alex Harris Remove NEWS to reply

underside
steel .

Hi Alex,
The product that Martin Angove gave links to (see below) come in brushed chrome finish which, although is not shiny chrome, looks like stainless steel.
If you click the link below and select the " Buy On Line " button, then click on the " Quick Ordering " button, you'll be asked to enter the product code and this takes you to the picture of the sockets. These are very neat and look great in situ'. I can vouch for that as I've fitted plenty of them.
http://www.qvsdirect.co.uk/ code AU KLL104

Hi Alex.
Why not make a cutout for the sockets on the underside of your cupboard so theyre flush mounted? You could use a very shallow pattress on the inside then to cover them, or a piece of wood as a second internal floor.
If you want 'class' I would expect that would look better. Who wants bulky sockets & pattresses.
Regards, NT