Re: Heat-proof wire ...

I should think a TVR should at least be using the same stuff as the

> space shuttle - kapton insulation
Kapton) - unfortunately it's rather brittle and will need replacing > after every journey. > > All in all, the perfect solution for anyone fond of TVR's.

Indeed, it's made of unobtanium and it breaks a lot. Perfect TVR material. If it could also be engineered to secretly plot one's death whenever it wasn't being used then it really would be in TVR territory. Oh and it would have to smell of wee.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Glass fibre sleeving at 88p/m + VAT from TLC:

chrisj.doran

I've got some Nyvin (Annealed Tin Copper Conductor, PVC Insulated, Glass Fibre Braided, Nylon Braid/ Nylon Sheath) which has a max working temperature in aircraft applications of 105deg C. It only comes in white (single strand). You are welcome to few feet of that.

Peter Parry

That's almost Tandy pricing!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've prolly got some lying around

email an address to the email address at

and I'll send you some

Reply to
geoff

In message , Huge writes

Pyro... It'll keep the fans spinning long after the car's burned out.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Look for PTFE insulated wire (180 deg C) From CPC, Farnell, RS

Reply to
Alan

In message , Huge writes

So, do you want this silicone wire, or not ?

Reply to
geoff