Re: Fred Dibnah Tribute - BBC2 7:40pm Sat 4 Dec

Just saw it with the missus. A fascinating tribute to a fine man.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

My eldest sat and watched it with me, at 11 he hadn't see fred in action before, "did you like that?" is now firmly embedded in his mind.

Niel.

Reply to
Badger

Begger missed it, any repeat?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Feck it, so did I. Maybe it'll get ripped and shared on the Emule p2p network and I can download it. What always made me stop and think about Fred was that he was a basically ordinary, humble and working class man that TV turned into an icon because his skills were actually quite extraordinary. Without that coverage he'd have lived and died in obscurity and therefore so do perhaps very many others whose stories are also worth telling but who will never achieve it and we'll never know about. In fact perhaps everyone deserves their 15 minutes of fame for one reason or another.

Reply to
Dave Baker

The sort of guy that folks like M.Parkinson esq should have on their chat shows instead of the overpaid,under talented folks that are only on to promote some book or film or dvd or somesuch .. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

well if it does please let us all know.

I also missed it, I'm also kicking myself :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

I watched it, he was indeed an exceptionally talented individual with a personality to match.

Reply to
Ron Ireland

My youngest liked the chimney comming down ............

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper