re flooding

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
A while back  was saying about the outflow of my washing machine flooding.

Just an update. I looked into it and the problem was that the pump was
just too fast for the pipe to cope without overflowing.

It only happened when either the machine was not very full OR when the
materials washed did not hold the water ie nylon etc.

I have now put a SPONGE  seal between the hose and the pipe to prevent
the water overflowing the pipe and it is working OK even with a totaly
empty machine discharging.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

Re: re flooding
I've never known them overflow unless the waste was at least partially
blocked. I think your seal may be a temporary solution :-)

Re: re flooding
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:16:03 +0100

Agreed, it sounds as though something is not per spec. Either the pump
is too powerful, maybe an oversized replacement, or as suggested, the
hose or whatever it discharges into is partially blocked. That
overflowing just should not happen.
You have fixed the symptom, but not the cause.
--
Davey.

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread