Re: Englander Kleinempfanger

I think there is still a "goodies" shop in Deptford that sells "condensers, valves etc etc" or so it says on the shop front.

Must go up into loft and get the Henry's radio catalogue from 19560s out and the Mullard handbooks on valves and transistors

Mike

In message , m writes

Funny you should say that you TPB, someone sent me a link to it last month

I'll see if I can locate it

Reply to
geoff

TPB????

Mike (TPB?)

geoff wrote:

In message , m writes

Top posting bastard

here's the URL

>Mike (TPB?)

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tony Bryer saying something like:

the bottom of the Saltmarket, next to the river. Piles of stuff inside, and trays of components formed the counters. The customer was free to rummage, and the staff had an encyclopaedic knowledge of everything in stock. I built several things from the bits and pieces in there - some of them even worked.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

SNIP

SORRY (says he shouting!)

Have changed defaults in my good old Netscape mail client!

Mike

father in approx 1946, I went with him to a shop in

the right hand side of Brownlow hill, he purchased an

There were several around the Shude Hilll area of Manchester. My first communications Rx was an R107 which I got from Fred's shop (G3MAX) North West Electrics opposite the Daily Express building on Gt Ancoats St.

Prior to that I did find a dumped 1155 chassis that I dismantled to "see how it worked". I dread to think what I did with the oil I found in the transformers and capacitors.

Reply to
Graham.

Perhaps he doesn't carry the same ex military stock, but Victor Wright Electronics on The Rock, Bury Lancs preserves some of the ethic of that bygone era with boxes of stuff outside to rummage through etc.

Reply to
Graham.

Lisle Street was my favourite haunt, bought No 19 set and 3cm radar dish from G W Smith.

Reply to
Phister

From: Phister Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 Time: 20:43:33

John Birkett in Lincoln is still in business:

Ian