Re: Albion Mainsflow Thermal Store

Important! Make sure you have enough Fernox in the system.

Does it supply two showers? How does it perform? Are the shower temperatures both controllable? What size is the cold water mains pipe?

Reply to
IMM

Thought of a number and doubled it :-) - and then only drained a couple of litres to stop the overflow. The boiler is now on all the time, so the volume in the boiler circuit should stay fairly constant.

No problems with two showers (but none of us can stand to have the shower tap more than half on!). The showers have French thermostatic controls (horizontal bar with a tap at one end and temperature control at the other) which do a better job of keeping the temperature stable than the previous Mira control.

The cold water mains pipe is almost all 15 mm. I expected this to be problem but it doesn't seem to be. The drop in pressure from the washbasin tap is apparent, but not serious, when the bath tap is turned fully on. Which reminds me - all our taps are mixers with aerators on the outlet. Without the aerator, the water splashes everywhere!

To be honest, I was prepared to put up with a few pressure problems as anything would have been better than the trickle we used to get with just a couple of metres head of water feeding the shower, but the results have been much better than expected. Our water system is now as good as our friends' mains pressure cylinder system.

Roger.

Reply to
Roger Wareham