Problems with Vaillant ThermoCompact Boiler

I'm having serious problems with my Vaillant ThermoCompact Boiler (Model VU GB 241/1 E). It keeps failing to ignite although previously when this would happen, it would eventually kick in when you manual started it - but now nothing.

Engineers who have been out to look at it have requested the user manual which I don't have as I only purchased this house in June. The Vaillant website offers no help. So I'm wondering if anyone out there could point me in the direction of a user manual for the above boiler.

Many thanks for any help offered.

D=E1ith=ED

Reply to
Dáithí

Alas, I've only got manuals for the later 6xx series. I presume that this is the heating only version of the VUW 2xx combis. It has a black front panel with turquiose knobs?

In general when you have an ignition problems you are looking for the breakdown in the chain of events.

Fan, APS, Gas Valve, Ignition, Flame Sensing.

Candidates in more or less descending order... Dirt on ignition Dirt around inlets to APS tubes Shorted ignition lead. Stuck fan. Stuck APS. Stuck Gas Valve.

Reply to
Ed Sirett