Treating a subfloor for wood boring insects before laying a new floor on top?

When I moved into my house I received a Rentakill certificate to say that some work had been carried out on some of the floors to treat against wood boring insects (this was in 1998).
I'm about to lay a tongue+groove solid oak floor on top of the original flooring and wondered whether it was worth updating the treatment on the flooring.
Is this an easy DIY job. Can you just treat the top surface or do you have to start pulling up floorboards? Presumably rentakill have a special magic way of doing it without resorting to mass floorboard removal?
Has anybody else bothered to treat a subfloor like this before laying a new floor on top?
Cheers,
Adam.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you have an active woodworm problem? If not you dont need to treat it.
NT
I haven't seen any obvious signs of it yet (although haven't looked hard). Had just assumed that if we'd been prone to it in the past then maybe we should take precautions again...
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you think the problem was not solved last time?
NT
On 28 Dec 2006 10:07:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

i looked into this a couple of years ago and from what i remember woodworm doesnt attack timber over 40 years old however wood worm treatment is a nice little earner for some companies
jack