Pressure washer price drop again

When they first sold it, was £89.99 then £79.99 now...

got one at the first price. :-( but its given me stirling service upto now.

Reply to
George

It's also the end of the season with suppliers dumping stock. Did you hear about Homebase's lacklustre performance today?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Heh, but Aldi doesn't dump stock like the sheds do.

No...but I'm sure you're going to tell us.

Reply to
George

Aldi doesn't dump *excess* stock in the sense that they appear not to over order.

I suspect that their procurement is a lot sharper than that of Homedisgrace as well.

I am sure that these cheap deals are whatever they can get by the containerload from PRC that has not been offloaded on some other retailer.

It's still dumping, but at the wholesale rather than the retail point.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Really? You live in Scotland then I presume?

Reply to
Dave Baker

I very much doubt that it's snapping up offloaded stock - Poundland yes, Aldi/Lidl no. If you approach the manufacturer of almost anything and offer to buy x containers for delivery at date y you are going to be able to negotiate a price way below the norm. Which is not surprising since the supplier can run the line non-stop for as many days as it takes and has got minimal admin.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

... dnd these Aldi pressure washers look remarkably like Karcher washers (another German company I believe?).

john

Reply to
jal