potterton 80

My mother's boiler pilot light fails to stay on, I suspect the thermo couple is failing to power the gas solenoid, any other possibilities?

As this type of open flued, permanent pilot boiler is old hat now I think a more modern fan flues condensing boiler may have quite a good pay back. Having been severely "caught" by my own suprima I wonder what better boilers may be recommended?

AJH

Reply to
Andrew Heggie

The Glow Worms are good and well priced at the mo'.

Reply to
IMM

It is possible but unlikely (for this vintage) that thermocouple is in series with an over-heat cut-out switch. YOu are probably right the thermocouple is on its way out, or the pilot flame is inadequate in soime way.

It is not possible to suggest replacement boilers without looking at the bigger picture of the overall heating and plumbing. You could try to see what would be the nearest replacement - you would want a plain non-combi non-condensing, non-system boiler.

Reply to
Ed Sirett