Plumbing help please

I am currently adding another 5 fish tanks to my filter system. I have borrowed a drill bit from a friend to drill the holes in the tanks, but it is only a 22mm bit, the other holes and fittings I have are 1.5"!! I went to a local DIY store yesterday and bought some toilet overflow connectors which 22mm rigid tubing fits in quite nicely. The problem lies in that I didn't realise the bore reduced to 20mm! I have tried the local plumbing stores and all say there is no such beast as a rigid 20mm pipe. Does anyone here know any different please?
Cheers
Mark
| I am currently adding another 5 fish tanks to my filter system. I have | borrowed a drill bit from a friend to drill the holes in the tanks, but it | is only a 22mm bit, the other holes and fittings I have are 1.5"!! I went to | a local DIY store yesterday and bought some toilet overflow connectors which | 22mm rigid tubing fits in quite nicely. The problem lies in that I didn't | realise the bore reduced to 20mm! I have tried the local plumbing stores and | all say there is no such beast as a rigid 20mm pipe. Does anyone here know | any different please? | | Cheers | | Mark | |
What are you drilling through ?
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:45:22 -0000, "Marksfish"

Plastic conduit comes in 20mm.
--
Niall

ask because the 3 i've been to don't stock it.
Cheers
Mark

This is plastic conduit as used for running electrical cables - you need to go to an electrical wholesalers, or some sheds sell it.
whether the fittings are all water tight though.....
--
Chris French, Leeds

tubing will sit inside the tank. It is only to keep the water at a set height.
Mark

You can solvent weld it with the normal PVC stuff. Don't know how it would stand up to hot water, though.
--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Pretty well any electrical wholesaler worth the name should stock it, but it's usually called 'Egatube'
Think I've also seen it in a large B&Q.
--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman wrote:

Just a thought, but since it isn't manufactured with that intent in mind, would it automatically be suitable for potable water and safe for fish though? Any chance of plasticisers or other chemicals/lubes etc that could leach out... Or is that just being silly?
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

are slim to middling. If I had a saltwater aquarium I wouldn't even consider it unless it was food grade plastic.
Mark
All sorted now, tanks for all your helpful comments.
Regards
Mark
MDPE underground water pipe comes in 20mm, ask at the builders merchant.
You might have to buy a 50 meter roll .........
Rick