plastic plumbing vs copper - a moan.

You are at least out of line with some suppliers:

"Microbore Copper Tube 10mm × 25m" - Screwfix

And, in my experience, anyone with CH utilising

Reply to
Rod

In article , Heliotrope Smith scribeth thus

So it is 10 mm that is.. seen it in mutter in laws gaff.

One interesting thing all the joints seem to be brazed rather than soldered, any idea why they do that?..

Surely it can't be the mains pressure?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, me.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

How can you tell - have you tried to unsolder one? If it were for oil I guess that'd be an acceptable method (brazing or hard soldering).

Reply to
YAPH

Well it looks like braze, its not solder unless they have Yellow coloured stuff there.

Some Aircon pipe work seems to be done the same way...

Reply to
tony sayer

Is it recent? Could it be that Just for Copper glue stuff?

Reply to
John Stumbles

I used that 6 months ago. It works.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Doctor Drivel scribeth thus

No this was deffo a metal filler they didn't do things like that there when this was built in the 70's...

Reply to
tony sayer

Ah. Yet another try to avoid doing things properly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are an idiotic Jocko plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel