plastic angle

a few years ago i could go into any of the diy sheds and but plastic trim angle pieces, they did 12 x 12mm, 20 x 20, 30 x 30, 12 x 2mm and so on, in a variety of colours, i still have some grey and pink stuff in my garage from a past project.

Now i want a fair few lengths of the 12 x 2mm stuff, all the diy sheds seem to have got rid of that stuff, all they seem to do now is either that fake wood effect stuff in every colour except the wood i have, or white or black only.

I'm after some light brown plastic angle, 12mm x 2mm or so, to trim around the many cupboard door openings in my van, i need the stuff with a small lip so it covers up the slight imperfections made by the saw blade as it scored the vynal covering of the wood,

and the cupboards in a motorhome are not made like a carcas in a kitchen... you take a sheet of wood for the front panel, mark out the openings where you want them, cut them out, and use the cut out as the door trimmed with some molding wood made for making cupboard doors.

The last way i trimmed the cut outs was to use knock in T molding, but i dont want to use that on this van, i want a lip to cover the front of the panel slightly around the cut out.

But where do i get light brown.. or cherry wood effect fake wood plastic angle from nowadays?

Reply to
CampinGazz

Are you talking L shaped angle?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

yes, 12mm on the long side, about 2mm on the short side, but in light brown,

Reply to
CampinGazz

These people do some

Bob Mannix

Anything here ..??

Stuart

This sort?

The3rd Earl Of Derby

i dug out some of the trim i had left over from my last van, it's made by homelux, i have some L section, 90 degree angle and some U section.. but all in the wrong colour.. grey or pink,

th L and U section stuff has a lip of about 2mm which is what i want, all the pvs extrusion sites i've looked at do the lip about 6mm when it's a 12mm main part width.

but heck, i've got a bandsaw, so if i could just fond some 12mm angle in light brown i could cut down one side.

homelux dont seem to have a website, so i can't easily ask them why all the big diy stores stopped stocking their products.

Reply to
CampinGazz

Phone this shop they stock it in brown,whether they will mail order it I don't know? Other than that look up small handyman shops in you're area as some of these still carry old stock.

Rapid Hardware

52 Renshaw Street Liverpool Merseyside L1 4EN Tel: (01517 082000)
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby