plastering over aluminium sheet

I will have to plaster over a small area of aluminium sheet (less than a foot square) on brick wall. Bricks all around. I know you can plaster over the expanded metal, but any issues with a sheet of it ? It may get hot as shower supply pipes go through it. Any problems / things to look out for ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In article , sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

I haven't done this but think there might be a risk of a patch spalling off if the metal flexes. I'd be inclined to prime the surface with some neat pva & sand for the plaster to grip onto, also give it a reasonable layer (12mm+) rather than a skim.

Reply to
fred

Score the plate for a good key to grip the plaster rather than suggested pva method

Reply to
ben

Plate a bit smaller than I said, plus about 2mm thick, so shouldn't flex I hope. I'll score it and use PVA before I plaster. Maybe I will drill a few small holes for extra key. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I'd cover it with EML fixed to the brickwork - then you don't have to worry about adhesion or flex.

Reply to
Rob Morley