PIR security lamps

Is it just me or have B+Q acquired a particularly poor supply of 150 Watt security lights?

The current one has started on a *permanently on mode with a one second off interval* when triggered. No amount of climbing up and down ladders has found a working setting.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

IME, 50%+ of the cheap ones are crap. I have tried 2 from B+Q, 1 from Screwfix, and one from Aldi, all were no good, either being pemanently on, or not triggering. I got a good one from a local electrical dealer, cost £28 though, but the cost is worth it to svae going up a lader 20 times trying to sort out a faulty one. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I fitted a Wickes £7 ish cheapo & it knocked out 3 lamps in a fortnight.

Amen to that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have also found that 300W and up, eat bulbs before the control switch fails.

Oh well. Next time I get to a suitable supplier.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb