Pipes in stud walls

Hi, I'm back !
More plumbing queries.
I want to run 15mm pipes down through a stud wall i'm building.
Any gotchas I should be aware of, what is the preferred method of fixing within, or are they to be left floating in loose holes bored in the studs ?
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Paul.

For vertical, fit noggins somewhat thinner than the studding, and use pipe clips to these.
For horizontal, notch the studs and reinforce, and perhaps run a steel strap over the notch, and again use pipe clips. Loose pipes might well hammer or bang.
--
*Don't use no double negatives *

Dave Plowman wrote:

Never do them up tight tho - use that felt sleeving between them and teh clamps - otherwise they will creak when warming up and expanding.
The Natural Philosopher wrote

Great. I'm running horizontal parallel to studs, do I batten these and secure with clips (are metal or plastic better)
Can I put a block between pipes with a pipe clip on each end clamping them together resting on the ceiling where space is tight or is this a botch ?
I've had to bend the pipes into a gentle curve to get them under the floor. (It was only possible to get 2/3 floorboards up for access on both sides of a wall.
This has left the pipes slightly bent under there. Is this normal, or should I straighten them out as best as possible. Does it matter ?
Really sorry to be asking such numpty questions, but if I don't I'll never learn to do it properly and the job will forever look bodged.
Thank in advance
Paul.

Studs run vertically.
--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

(Zymurgy) wrote

Any news chaps ? I've got dangling pipes over here.....
Advice appreciated
Thanks
Paul.
(Zymurgy) wrote

B*llocks to it then, they can stay bent ;-)
I'm tired of waiting.
HTH
Paul.
On 29 Jul 2003 16:35:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com (Zymurgy) wrote:

They are out of sight presumably, in which case there is nothing wrong with non-straight pipes. Indeed some plumbers even bend them through 90 degrees.
I would have used plastic pipe in that situation - it is so easy to thead into difficult locations.
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply
"Phil Addison" wrote

Ok, Thanks.
Sorry for getting impatient, The floorboards were up and I had impending visitors !!
The pipes are only in just a gentle curve, but I was worried there would be issues when the hot water pipe expanded. Would this tend to straighten a gentle curve ?
Also what's the concensus on compression fittings on hot water pipe. Are end feed or solder ring's any stronger/better/longer lasting than compression ?
The pipes are out of sight anyway, but I didn't know what sort of out of sight plumbing crimes were perpetrated by real plumbers !
Cheers & thanks again.
Paul.