Photos for wall render

I think the paint covering is WallShield, but I am assuming that the render effect is not part of the paint.

The particle size is less than 5mm and sharp edged, so I am assuming that it is some king of grit.

Difficult to find a classification - Google suggests that sub-4mm maximum size is classed as fine aggregate.

Googling for Tyrolean suggests that it is just sand and cement clumping up and the particle size sounds about right.

However, the description of the problems using a Tyrolean gun are a bit off putting and also blending patches into a wall already finished and over painted sounds a long and tricky process.

So, is there an alternative to using a manual gun to apply a rough finish?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Your picture looks very much like a brush tamped rough cast finish. Compare with the bottom two photos of the rendering I did here:

Its probably the easiest render process to make look half decent. Basically you render the wall with a sand/cement mix - using a proportion of sharp sand in the mix. Get it flatish, and then let it go of a bit. Then use a stiff brush or broom head to stipple it. Its not that difficult to blend it into existing sections either.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sounds like a better bet than learning to use a flicker gun!

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Tyrolean guns don't really take much learning... lob mix in the gun, hold close to wall, turn handle!

Reply to
John Rumm