pedestal trap for washing machine?

I've put a compact washing machine in my motorhome, There's a large waste water tank under the floor of the van, and i have used

32mm pipes for all the sinks and shower drains to the tank, using bottle traps to prevent smells.

But the washing machine connection is slightly different, i've brought a piece of 32mm pipe up through the floor behind the machine, this is connected to the tank at the otehr end,

To use a bottle trap i'd need to faff about with right angle joints, supporting the bottle trap and so on,

So i was thinking of using one of those pedestal sink traps, i did get one of the sideways S shaped ones, but threw it away when i looked at it closely, and say it's made on a molding machine, and the joins right at the bottom for the 2 halves were so thin you could see daylight through the seam, no way i'm risking that as it'll be kind of hard to get at to replace should it leak, and i dont fancy having 40 litres of water dumped in the van the day the seam gives way.

So i was thinking of the inline type of trap.

imagine this is the type which has a length of rubber hose inside it that's flat at the bottom, allowing water to go down by pushing the flat bit open, ann not letting smells back up due to the flat bit closing after the waters gone down (those rubber bits are used on things like the heater box rain water drain and air filter water drain on my van)

They obviousely work, but will they work with a washing machine discharging down one? the total wash cycle water dumped is 42 litres, that's spread over

3 fill and drain cycles, but i'd rather not get one of these to find out the hard way that the washer can't drain fast enough through one of these types of traps.
Reply to
CampinGazz

As you will read in the instructions for the washing machine you will need

zaax

dont have to add 90 degree bends and all that with the problems of supporting those types of traps in a moving vehicle.

my washer is a compact washer btw, not a full sized machine so uses much less water than a household machine, so 32mm waste is fine for this machine if that's what your getting at, and i know all about routing the waste pipe in a loop at the top of the machine to prevent syphoning,

i just want a small compact inline trap that'll go onto the pipe that comes up through the floor of the van in exactly the right place, and not have the trap shivted over to one side where it'll foul the water pipes and need to be brought out towards the machine where it'll foul the back of the machine,

Reply to
CampinGazz