Painting Sheds

Hi All,
My Shed looks pants, it needs a new roof, and I am cool with that, but what about painting it, has anyone got any ideas, ie. Do I need primer, Undercoat etc, like a room in the house, or is there a product that you can just slap on.
Cheers All
Darrin
Dazzer wrote:

Only 1 coat needed. How about Garden Timber & Shed paint? The DIY stores are full of such stuff.
On 3 Aug 2003 12:08:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Dazzer) wrote:

If you don't mind a fairly limited range of colours then the DIY sheds have products by the usual suspects, Cuprinol et al.
There are somewhat broader selections produced by Sadolin and Sikkens and these are better quality products.
The broadest colour selection I have seen is made by Jotun
www.jotun.no
www.jotun.com
www.jotun.co.uk
www.jotungardens.com
I've been using their Demidekk opaque paint which requires a primer/treatment that they do, and a translucent stain called Trebitt. The latter allows the wood grain to show through to a degree, which is a particular effect that I wanted.
Each of these is available in a very wide range of colours since it can be colour mixed.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Dazzer) wrote in message

Yes, dont. This mistake was popular long ago, but you know how life is, tarting up the shed is not the top priority next time aronud. However nice it looks at first, by the time it needs doing again its gonig to look damn terrible.
Never paint sheds. Its that simple. Dark stain can help to blend different colours of wood if need be, but paint, no.
Regards, NT