painting palster walls

Hi All Can I ask some advice? I'm trying to paint over a plaster wall that has been damp in the past. The cause of the damp was fixed a couple of months ago but the paint just forms blisters of dry white powder and leaves the wall looking like the surface of the moon. How can I stop this? Any tips? Sam

Reply to
sam

Choose a paint that is mineral or just alkali resistant. Scrape or sand the old plaster back until you see the colour shade get slightly lighter. Give the whole lot two coats of the paint. Job should be a good 'un'.

Reply to
BigWallop