Paint: Eggshell v Satinwood

I feel I ought to know by now but what is the difference?

mark

Reply to
mark

In article , mark writes

Having used both I'd say eggshell was a flatter (more matt) finish with satinwood tending more towards semi-gloss.

The satinwood went on badly and took ages to get a good finish, in contrast, all the brands and formulations (solvent/water based) of eggshell that I have used have gone on really easily and given a good finish (although old style high VOC - now discontinued - was the best).

I don't use anything by eggshell now for woodwork (and bathroom walls).

Reply to
fred