Oven tripping RCD ??

We recently had a secondhand commercial oven installed at the business premises which is used to smoke and cook fish.

Its basically a big stainless steel clad fan assisted oven with smoke producing trays at one end.

It has 3 heat settings and on max is rated at 4.6kw.

I connected it to the 30ma protected side of the CU on its own 32a MCB.

Apparently its now tripping the RCD occasionally with no specific pattern.

Assuming no fault can be found, would the panel recommend staying with the

30ma RCD or moving it to the 100ma on the other side of the CU ??

TIA

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:09:34 +0100, "Tim.." mused:

If there was no fault found then I'd move it. I'd make sure it was really no fault found though, test it while it's hot as well as cold, it might save you a few quid in the long run if you ca find a failing element early.

Reply to
Lurch

I'd be wondering why no fault was found in that case. Testing it with a megger, wit the controls in all possible positions, will almost certainly show up where the problem lies. If not, bear in mind it might be with the cable rather than oven - or even the rcd maybe.

I'm assuming its only the oven on that circuit.. whatever, anything that pops a 30mA rcd at mains should be perfectly traceable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks to both- problem solved- it was water lying in the bottom of the control panel case from over exuberant cleaning!!

Bollockings have been issued!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..