OT:Windows 7 wifi oddity

In message , Mr Guest writes

YMYA

The search is ghastly, I haven't yet found a way to specify in a file search if you just want to search the name or file contents. For search I go to the XP virtual machine and search the disc from that. Is there a way of knowing when Win 7 is searching and when it's finished, as it doesn't have XP's spinny magnifying glass.

Reply to
bof

bof wrote (apparently) in uk.misc on Wed 20 Jul 2011 09:33:38:

For searching by filename I use Everything from as I just get baffled otherwise.

Reply to
Mr Guest

Dave-UK wrote (apparently) in uk.misc on Wed 20 Jul 2011 09:24:35:

Looks good, job for later when I am not pretending to work.

Reply to
Mr Guest

In message , Mr Guest writes

Ta, I'll take a look