OT: Whiteboard Marker Solvent

They are indeed the owners of the NOBO brand, along with Rexel, Dertwent, Kingston and a few other brands. Acco themselves are owned by Fortune Brands, Inc. of Chicago.

Isn't globalisation great.....

Reply to
Fishter

Now MEK is readily available as PVC pipe cleaner - the solvent of solvent cement without the goop. You'll find it at real plumbers' merchants.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Hi. Alcohol has much the same properties as isopropyl alcohol. Checmists dont like selling IPA cos of licensing issues. In any chemist, eg Superdrug etc, you'll find bottles of alcohol, non food grade.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Really? Are you sure? This sounds like nonsense to me.

Reply to
Huge

In message , CRB writes

I'm on the case there

Reply to
geoff

In message , N. Thornton writes

What licensing issues?

Reply to
geoff

Hs no one mentned teh fact that windscreen wash is pretty much pure isopropanol?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is it?

I thought that screen washes/antifreeze was mainly ethylene glycol

Reply to
geoff

Is it? I thought not. Oh well.

Reply to