OT; White Van man

New comedy series;

The Medway Handyman

Were you the technical consultant to this production Dave?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Probably not- else he'd have asked for advice here first.

Reply to
Jim Newman

wood bit to drill into a wall.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Because 'television walls' are made of wood.

At least the old ones are. The new ones are computer generated.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You make that sound like a bad thing...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is when you don't hand over your fee :-(

tim

Reply to
tim....

So now you'd need a digital drill, then. Everything else seems to be digital......

Reply to
newshound

Celcon blockwork? One of the fixings (Fischer IIRC) recommends an HSS bit to ensure the hole doesn't get ground out oversized...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I wonder if the antics on the programme are as bad as some of the things I have seen at work.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well, the blurb says Will Mellor plays a chef who reluctantly takes over his father's painting 'n' decorating business. I've seen my decorator use a drill to mix paint, but I've never seen him drill holes in anything.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Did titter throughout, thobut Will Mellor only seems to ever play the same character innit.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Is it supposed to be a funny programme? I watched the first 10 minutes, and gave up. It's absolutely dire, and totally devoid of anything resembling humour.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

In message , Ian Jackson writes

I was beginning to wonder if it was just me

Reply to
geoff

ISTM to be a modern form of slapstick

tim

Reply to
tim....

So, what do you do?

tim

Reply to
tim....

Me? Well, I've got a computing science degree, so of course I'm an electrician, small plumber and general building work handyman.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Me? Well, I've got a computing science degree, so of course I'm an electrician, small plumber and general building work handyman.

LOL

I meant, if the punter doesn't pay you.

tim

Reply to
tim....

Well the best I have done (non violent ones) was to pinch the wheel nuts from the owners car.

The second best was chopping the nozzle off a can of expanding foam and shoving the can through the open window of his BMW.

Reply to
ARWadsworth