OT - The Shetlands

Its very easy to assume everyone that you know thinks the same. Its one of the things we (ex Marconi engineers ) have drummed into us so that we don't assume the users are the same as us. You can tell the products where the engineers don't understand this in things like Linux, phones, printers, etc. where the average person doesn't have a clue and the designers keep saying its the users that are the problem not the design.

Reply to
dennis

mcp wrote

And you know this because ??

Reply to
Jabba

There was a poll for the Shetland Times. There was also a petition to the Scottish parliment, the petitioner and the vast majority of those signing were not from Shetland.

Reply to
mcp

mcp wrote

Newspaper polls mean sod all. Only those who read the paper vote and they are far too easy to manipulate.

This 'ere petition, wtf was it about ? I'm not a mindreader.

Reply to
Jabba