OT replies from google groups AGAIN

Has everybody else noticed out of thread replies from GG creeping in again, not just this group but others as well. Have Google ' improved' groups again?

DAve

Reply to
gort

Appears they've released what was the beta as live

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. they have turned a monstrosity into a total shambles. I don't know how anyone can contemplate using it for more than 5 minutes.

Reply to
EricP

Not sure, but in a slightly OT reply, I got an email out of the blue yesterday from someone coming from to yet another web based newsgroup post stealing site* asking me to send a file I said was useful.

*tutorials-blog.com

I haven't got a problem with this, but I wonder just how many times our posts are being relayed on various websites...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

EricP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's not the users that suffer, it's us.

I wish I could figure out how to kill a new thread starting with Re:

mike

Reply to
mike

I asked that very question in here months ago. I am still limping, but it improves with time. :))

Reply to
EricP

Ah, that will be the ex vista M$ programmers finding a new home then !

Dave

Reply to
gort

And bloody awful it is too.

Reply to
Sean Inglis

My killfile entry for some time has been for "MessageID:" matching the regex "*googlegroups.com*" Has there been an increase in GoogleGroups tosh? I haven't noticed.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

Aidan Karley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@email.provider.invalid:

Thanks, I'll give it a try

mike

Reply to
mike

It really is a pity the way they force a format on the unwilling.

In some instances it works well in that you can fish out old posts going back decades but this present set up is gross. And it looks so AOLish.

(Not AOL newsgroups that is. They were beyond the pale and unsurprisingly AOL killed them off ages ago. I refer to the icons they excrete on the browser page if you don't reset the thing to text only.)

I am not an happy chappie.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

It's awful, and totally unusable. You can't even tidy up quotations properly.

A shame, because when travelling, or using my PC at work, I have no other option. Even browsing Usenet with it is painful.

Reply to
Mark Carver

mike wrote in news:Xns98C6E296944E3mikenosuchcouk@130.133.1.4:

Hey, it works; seems to knock out one or two legit posters who post on google, but I'll have to live without them.

mike

Reply to
mike