OT. Now for something completely different~ A Team film.

With little better to do this evening than watch the water rising, yet again, I watched th A Team film. Some amusement and some good/bad/poor fx. About 3/4 way through the film the team escape in a 4 engine prop driven flying boat. This didn't look like sfx to me. If it is real, does anyone know what and where it is? My guess would be Canada. Film was made 2010 so not that ancient. This is, sort of, vaguely, DIY related. Thanks.

Reply to
Nick

Canada is correct. See:

And just to get the feel for how many people work on a film, try this page, and make sure you read all the credits:

Davey

MattyF

Reply to
nemo

Not many of those left. Flying boats tend to have shorter lives than other aircraft due to the corrosive effects of salt water and the tendency for many of them to hit semi submerged objects during take off and landing of course.

Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

i.e. the "water bomber" version, which they still used in Canada until last year (it says in Matty's wiki ref). Fab airplanes! Being replaced by Hercules (it says).

DIY link: must look for a kit. [to add to my other 50 un-made kits, which I was going to do when I retired, but have never touched, being too busy.]

J.

Reply to
Another John

My wife is always expressing incredulity over how many people work on a movie.

Reply to
Huge

I agree with her, especially after reading the credits for this one!

Reply to
Davey

If you'd ever been on a film set for a few days, you'd not be surprised, a lot of the people listed in the credits are only there for a day or two during a twelve month production period.

Reply to
John Williamson

Oh, I understand this (I worked for ATV for a while), but my wife seems to find it hard to understand.

Reply to
Huge