OT: No Offence - foam

The somewhat graphic misuse of an expanding foam aerosol featured in the final episode of this series, the outcome being a little more serious than an overfilled canoe and ruined jumper. ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Which series?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Lot less messy than AG or chainsaw!

Reply to
PeterC

No Offence.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

'No Offence'

He was certainly foaming at the mouth, but I'm not sure why his chest ballooned in that manner.

Put me right off Crunchies.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Never heard of it! What channel is it on, and when?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Channel 4, and for the past 8 weeks. Available on demand now, though possibly for not much longer.

I thought it was pretty good. I expect people looking for realism will have complaints though.

Reply to
Clive George

It isnt new, it was probably copied from an episode of CSI New York from around 5 years ago.

Reply to
A.Lee

which was not, IMHO, an unreasonable expectation given that it was originally billed as a "procedural" detective series

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Possibly a mistake - it's definitely not a CSI. Rather better for it though I thought.

Reply to
Clive George

Which canoe?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I was in a waiting room recently and they had a huge screen showing afternoon TV. Not having watched TV in years I was amazed. Words can describe it. None worth using though.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

There was a case some years back where an Irishman crossed some Dutch drug dealers. His younger innocent brother got caught in the crossfire and had expanding foaam applied to both ends of his body. Doesn't bear thinking about

Reply to
fred

This canoe

Repeated with a few other comments involving 'young lads and shovels':

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The usual unapproved use is to silence burglar alarms of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Yes, I started to watch it and gave up after the toilet jokes.

It's one thing trying to make a quality spoof detective series (E.g. Vexed), but simply using it as a vehicle for base humour is not for me

YMMV (mine did)

tim

Reply to
tim.....