OT hanging baskets

That bunch of snobs on uk.rec.gardening are ignoring my post. Seems that you need to be a professional gardener to get a reply out of them.

I used some seed disks in my hanging baskets and was well pleased with the results. Is there any reason why these disks can't be used in small plant pots? Google has not been my friend here.

Taa.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

A bit impatient, aren't we? You only posted on URG yesterday. I googled for seed discs, and the first item that came up described using them in small plant pots, 8cm.

Plenty more stuff at

Shame you couldn't find anything. Such a simple search, too.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Thanks for the links which I had found with a simple search. I simply failed to mention that I wanted simple flowers in my plant pots, not herbs. Perhaps you can advice on the simple viability of flower seed disks in plant pots. I simply still do not see a reply in URG to my simple question. Many thank for your reply. It is noted that posting to this group is simply faster than posting to URG.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The only potential problem I see may be your requirement for small pots. The flower discs I've seen advertised are 23 cm, and could obviously be cut down, but whether there's enough soil and nourishment in a small pot to support a decent show of flowers throughout the life of the plant, I don't know. But that problem would apply to growing any flowers in a small pot, not just those from seed discs. You could liquid feed at regular intervals, though.

Reply to
Chris Hogg