OT Corry Street's builder

I know I am sad but whenever I see that builder loading his van I try to imagine what jobs he could possibly be doing. I loved the way he threw a new UPVC window frame into the back of his van. Also I would like to think that all my female friends and relations would at least look in the fuse box when the electrickery did not work!

Reply to
Broadback

I am more concerned with the *real* builders who actually built the current "Coronation St" set. Every time I see it it somehow looks wrong. Like used bricks and modern mortar. At least they should have used a more limey looking mortar, and, budget permitting used some decent facing bricks, Accrington isn't a million miles from Wetherfield is it?

Reply to
Graham

Better not ask Fred Gee to fix the fuse though...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Also the joints in that brickwork are far too wide and the proportions aren't helped by a Granada decision to build the set to a reduced scale. IIRC it's a 3/4 scale set which makes people look overtall and overwide compared to the buildings.

I swear Ken Barlow is really 4ft high.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Talking about tat bloke,remember the jelly mold hanging up in his kitchen...it resembled a phallus...its gone now :-) so many people wrote in about it looking like a phallus it was actually a huge crab upside down.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Not really,most women would be scared to venture into a fuse box.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

All laid in stretcher bond as well. Saved a bit on bricks, I suppose. The builders around Walford could do authentic reproduction .

Reply to
Aidan

Be a tight fit for them as well. ;-)

Reply to
Broadback

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing, the news that Ken Barlow has a huge phallus or the news that he has huge crabs.

Reply to
Steve Firth

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Anyone ever seen CH system in Walford? :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words:

I like a nice earthy woman, well bonded.

Reply to
Guy King

Isn't the bond wrong too?

Soap addicts would have noticed this was correct on 'Family Affairs', though. Much good it did them. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Blue Unction...

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do people actually watch this stuff?

Don't they have anything better to occupy their minds?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Minds?

Reply to
Huge

Only when paid to do so. ;-)

I dream of what to spend the money on...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suspect that some posters are obliged to at least nominally watch it by being expected to spend at least some time in the same room as the Mrs.

Compared to The Young Doctors, Corrie is intellectually stimulating.

Owain

Reply to
Owain