OT Camcorder problem

I'm having a problem with my new(second hand) camcorder and trying to play back thro the TV. Can anybody recommend a group where I could ask a question and hopefully get a sensible reply?

Thanks Pete

Reply to
petek

What sort of leads does it have for its output? Are they jack plugs?

What sockets does your TV have. Sometimes you need an adaptor that takes the jack plugs into a SCART Plug.

Or is it S-VHS?

Have you got the manual - if not have you Googled for one to download?

Reply to
John

The camcorder is a Panasonic SDR S26 and I have the manual. I bought it on E-Bay but it did not have a TV lead, so I bought one separately (on E-Bay also). The lead has the usual yellow/white/red plugs at one end and a 3mm Jack at the other. When I connect the camcorder to the TV and try to playback a video clip, I get a buzzing noise from the TV and a blurred, fast scrolling image which bears no relation to the image I'm trying to view. The playback on the camcorder screen plays at the same time and is perfect. I've checked the TV and I'm using the correct AV input - it works perfectly well with my Sony still camera. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the lead. Is there more than one type of 3mm Jack? Perhaps I've got the wrong type.

Thanks for your help Pete

Reply to
petek

Seems so.

Adrian C

Possibly not as fast as replies on NNTP but

have always been very handy to me.

Spamlet

Sounds like the yellow/white/red plugs are not connected to the appropriate pins on the 3mm jack for the camera.

Try plugging the red or white plug into the yellow socket on the telly and see if you can get a picture - if so, you will have to experiment which is left and right audio.

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

That is probably why it was on ebay, is there any return policy or guarntee, go to a camera store. On my camera I can set output but I get a picture or none, not a messed up picture, but chck it isnt set to ntsb and go through settings, cable, mine just doesnt work with the wrong cable, call the co that made it and ask.

Reply to
ransley

Maybe its set to the US tv standard NTSB, go into settngs.

Reply to
ransley

NTSC not B...

The line timings are close enough for a stable picture to be shown from and NTSC signal on a UK TV you just won't have any colour.

A loud buzz on sound and orrible picture I'd do what has already been suggested try the other phono plugs into the video in on the TV, starting with the one with a loud buzz...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks to everone who has responded. I haven't bothered asking the question on another forum as it seems pretty clear now that the lead I have is wired differently to a "Panasonic" lead. I have sent a comment to the E-bay seller (of the lead) but no reply as yet. In the meantime, as I want it fairly urgently and for the sake of a few quid, I've ordered a "genuine Panasonic" lead from Partmaster (Currys). I will let you know if it works, or not, when it arrives. Thanks again for the help - it just shows what a great group this is. You can ask for help on any subject, even if it's not DIY, and someone will always respond. Cheers Pete

Reply to
petek