Oil Burner Glass

What sort of glass should I use to replace a broken sight glass (where you look to see if the flame is alight) it's about 3" x 2". The burner is a Waterbury of indeterminate age.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I went to a glass shop and asked for a piece. I don't know what type of glass it was, but they had to order a piece -- wasn't what they normally stocked. That piece lasted several years until I chucked the gas heater out. The proper pieces ordered from the manufacturer (Drugasar) only lasted about a year before cracking. My heater used two of them, about half the size of your piece.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel