Noise activated bulb adapters ?

I'm sure I used to see these small adapters which plugged into a lamp, and which switched the light on when a noise was detected ... my local B&Q denies all knowledge of them, anyone know of a retail source ?

Reply to
Jethro

JML in Asda,Tesco, etc

Jan

Reply to
Janice

From Aldi (fairly sure), but only as Thursday specials. Dunno if it will help: brand name Uni-com; model name BZ149.

As I've admitted before, the one I use in my entrance hall has led me to acquire the apparently eccentric habit of coughing loudly, or knocking on a wooden panel, when wanting a light to come on.

The one I'm using now works fine apart from the fact that it rates the ambient light as 'dark' for most days during winter (i.e. switches on triggered by noise).

Best regards,

Jon C.

Reply to
Jonathan Campbell

A Google search on the Uni-Com part number shows it's available on Ebay.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham