NiMh rechargeable batteries

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Man at B&Q" saying something like:

Takes ages to kill them, though. My DECT handsets needed new AAA cells last year, after about four years on the original puny ones.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Stumbles saying something like:

6 months ago, the ones I got from Lidl's were 900mAHr. Depends on what supplier deals they've reached I suppose.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Could have been 900 - my er whatyoucallit for storing information in your head isn't always reliable :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Same experience here, 4 DECT phones in the house, all kept in cradles when not in use - for 4 years or so, can still handle SWMBO's mammmoth

1 hour 'quick chats' when necessary.
Reply to
airsmoothed

We're on the second set of batteries in less than 6 years. BT branded cordless phone. TBH ICBA to keep taking them off the cradle so the batteries cook.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I've had problems with one of my phones eating batteries. The upstairs one I have put on a time switch to charge it two hours a day which keeps it fully charged. Unfortunately I can't do that with the main one, it permanently runs hot and the batteries only last a few months. I've tried leaving it off the cradle but it is either put back on pronto to cook, or runs flat.

Reply to
<me9

Our BT-branded cordless's batteries are still going strong after eight and a half years of being on the cradle almost continuously.

Not trusting my memory as to how long I'd had those phones, I looked out the receipt. John Lewis, March 2001. Price £179.99 each. [Gulp]

Reply to
Mike Barnes

At that price it should have a more intelligent charger!

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q