Next Door Neighbours have got a leak - and I soaked him through

I was having a few beers with the next door neighbour in his back garden when one of the kids came running out shouting "The house is flooding"

This is what I saw when when I went in

.

as the light fitting was full of water and the RCBO had tripped I decided to take down the light fitting. Not as easy as it looks balanced on some dodgy steps after 8 pints.

Paul, but the kids and Lucy loved it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Had something a bit like that around 30 years ago. Got back to my parent's house having had a few beers - and they asked why the light was a dull orange with a funny zippy-fizzy sound. It too was a glass fitting and almost full of water. Miracle it didn't fall off the ceiling it was so heavy - as I found out when I lifted it off. And my parents had been sitting underneath it wondering why it wasn't working quite right.

Then found that the cold water tank was pouring out in the loft...

Rod

Reply to
polygonum

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Caution, expert at work :-)

Reply to
fred

Site Manager at the school where I work went to repair a 2D fitting which was not working. Light switch was off, but when he opened the fitting water poured out, giving him and the person holding the (aluminium) ladder a shock. This was due to a poorly designed valley between 2 pitched rooves filling up with leaves and the water overflowing the flashing.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Yup that was quite funny!

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , ARWadsworth writes

You did that on purpose, didn't you ...

Reply to
geoff

Is this the fella with the drive?

Reply to
brass monkey

Yes.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Did he really flatten that whole area with a bricklaying trowel?

Reply to
John Rumm

Do what on purpose, flood his house out?

Although the odds of a f*ck up were quite high considering the booze and the stupid circular perspex fitting that you have squeeze into a funny shape to fit or remove.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

decide for yourself.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well that was what made me ask ;-)

(looks like someone found a float/plastering trowel toward the end)

Reply to
John Rumm

Looks like he needs a few rolls of "do not use" tape around the (whole) house :) Bloody funny though.

Reply to
brass monkey

Looks like that could be worth 250 quid on YBF.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

I have just realised that it is MY wheelbarrow they are using!

And yes he did 95% of the drive with a brick trowel.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It'll need reshooting. I didn't see a clear view of the one with the baseball cap copping it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

He might do some daft things (and don't we all), but there's no denying he's keen.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

He's keen.

He built a chicken run yesterday evening armed only with a rusty saw, a bent hammer, a screwdriver set, some old fence panels and some plastic mesh.

What do you think of it?

ARWadsworth

Reply to
Huge