New outdoor surface on top of ashphalt

I have an external ashphalted area adjacent to my house (keeping a concrete slab roof to part of the cellar watertight). What I would like to know is can I put a more attractive covering on top eg. tiles? If so what type of tiles and adhesive? I have also contemplated decking, but this would have to float on top as I can't pierce the ashphalt with any fixings. It is imperative that the ashphalt remains in good condition, as it is a key part of the cellar dampproofing. Thanks.

Reply to
P Lavers