New Legislation Re Flooring /Noise Problems

I put a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup about suppliers of laminate flooring and someone suggested that there was to be new legislation about preventing lminate ,tiling etc floors in flatted buildings because of complaints from neighbours living below. Anyone know anything about this ?? Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised with the current lot in.

The way things are going it will be far simpler to change the statute books so that things specifically allowed are stated, and everything else is by definition prohibited and therefore illegal.

You'll probably also find that building regs approval will be required unless you're a registered, accredited laminate fitter.

Registered trade associations. The closed shop of the 2000's.....

(sorry for the moan - just had to get it off my chest!!!!)

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Many flat leases have a clause that says carpet must be used anyway. The problem is tenants/leaseholders aren't aware of it and/or don't abide by it. The rumoured legislation could be another north of the border peculiarity.

Reply to
BillR

It's certainly in the lease for my flat, and most others I know of, that all floors must be carpeted. I would be quite annoyed if the person upstairs from me put down solid floors and walked around in shoes all the time.

However... my floors are wood laminate. Poorly laid, with no underlay - straight on top of 1950's tiles.

But... I didn't install them - the previous owner did. And I'm on the ground floor, so no-one's complaining. :-)

Regards, Jon

Reply to
Jon Read