Neighbours can be a PITA

Or, to use the well worn phrase:

"Cats don't have owners....they have staff..."

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Tim Watts writes

Most Koreans would agree with you

Reply to
geoff

Yes. There is an issue here, partly recognised in the regulations covering access land but not in ancient civil law covering public rights of way (England).

The EU spends taxpayers money supporting wildlife friendly farming. Basically they pay me a very modest sum to manage my land to enhance opportunities for wildlife. This covers activities like avoiding hedge trimming during nesting time, delaying grass mowing, leaving some over winter stubble, not cropping to the hedge bottom etc.

This is largely wasted if a few thoughtless individuals allow their dogs to roam along hedgerows or 50m either side of cross field paths. Where practical, I have fenced field edge routes but this is costly and not possible where fencing would lead to silly field shapes and sizes.

Legislation controlling dogs is never going to be popular so I do not hold my breath.

On the dog shit question, I don't have views. If the owner wishes to bag and carry, fairy nuff. Kindly do not bag and dispose in the nearest nettle patch where it will fester until exposed by the first frost!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Why? Dogs are wildlife, too. So are people come to that. The dogs and cats compete with the rabbits and the pheasants..same as the rabbits and the pheasants compete with the grass and the corn and the hawks eat anything they canm catch and te carrion crows eat anything they drop.

I couldnt get over being lectured by a 'concerned citizen oveeer letting my dog crap in the middle of an open meadow. '' children could eat the dog shit, and get worms' 'what about all the sheep shit'?' 'dogs are carnivores' 'so are foxes. What about yor kids eating fox shit. Foxes are riddled with worms' 'two wrongs dont make a right'

I gave up.

Dogs and humans are natural animalss. If ypu are going ytp oenvurage nature, you have to encurage them too.

If you are sparingng Zyklon B on the crops to maximise yield, then you are running an industry, and people should be kept out, and so should animals..

Biggest problem I have is no bees. Suddenly bees are dying of varroa that they used to survive just fine a few years ago. Who is spraying what, one wonders.

Precisely. Beteer to leave it where it falls.

Only in dense urban or suburban spaces with a lot of dogs, is it an issue. Dog free parks, children free dog walking areas. Signs saying' beware dogshit'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dennis has problems with words and grammar and things when he gets flustered

Reply to
geoff

Didn't some seaside council insist on hosses wearing nappies?

Reply to
<me9

and another thing - what about those damn filthy pigeons that idiots insist on feeding... It would be hard to find a more filthy disease-carrying horror than the pigeon.

Reply to
dave

Rats with wings. Chavs with wings. They've all buggered off the other end of the farm this year. no rape, wheat.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's actually a really hateful suggestion. Long ago, I had a cat that was poisoned by, the vet thought, rat poison from a nearby farm. The poor thing suffered horribly before it finally succumbed, and the kids were devastated that their much loved pet had died in such circumstances.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

How would you know? You are the one that get bothered here not I. You wouldn't be so moronic as to keep posting your little insults if you were not. You probably haven't even noticed that I only ever reply to your insults and never think about you at any other time. But then you are crazy. Are you one of drivels "personalities"?

Reply to
dennis

If you think I am going to stop growing lilies because some owners chuck the cat out after they have fed it then think again. There are loads of poisonous plants out there are you suggesting banning them all?

You should not have let it suffer, they will put them down for a modest fee.

Reply to
dennis

Iv'e seen a cat dying of rat/fox poison too. In Italy. absolutely awful

Took several days. It crawled home on its front paws only, the back were completely paralysed, and it was covered in diarrhoea.

Here, rat poison is put in plastic tubes too big for anything but a rat to get into. and is generally baited with corn.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

I don't know about the UK, but in Killarney National Park, the jarvey drivers have to equip their horses with them. A google reveals the Dublin carriage drivers will have to, too. url:

Grimly Curmudgeon

url:

horses pulling the tourist sightseeing carriages in Bruges all have nappy type arrangements. I saw similar in Vienna as well. Over here, where I lived as a kid in Middlesex, the problem was solved by all the gardeners running out from their houses (my dad included) with shovel and bucket to fight over the resulting manure.

Reply to
Tinkerer