Neighbours can be a PITA

well possibly, if they are packy sort of dogs.

Its in the nature.

But many breeds are a long way from wolfishness.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll remember that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Unless they are Portland, admittedly quite unlikely.

Reply to
Mark

Why worry about the dog pissing on the lawn? It it when they shit on that there is a problem.

Roger Dewhurst

Roger Dewhurst wibbled on Tuesday 06 July 2010 00:51

I'm really fed up with dog owners being blamed for everything, but noone every has a go at cat owners and those little sods get everywhere and crap everywhere (despite the myth that "cats are clean and bury it").

I hate cats. They're nice to you when the want something then they f*ck off waving their arse at you as soon as they get it.

Reply to
Tim Watts

So that would be like most people then, as well ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

There is the issue that dogs are pretty easy to train and actually belong to the owner.

Cats are just vermin and only belong to the owner when it suits the owner.

You can get some nice lilies that produce toxic pollen, well toxic to cats but safe to most other things. They are very pretty and I recommend growing lots of them. If you are worried about cats then stick a warning sign up so the owners can take their cats to the vets for very expensive treatment when it comes home with an unknown illness. If you have a problem with them digging in a particular spot you can cut some strips of half inch square mess to make effective barbed wire that is unobtrusive once the plants have grown over it. Don't do it if you have kids.

Reply to
dennis

No they don't - at least most of them. Some are pissy I grant you, but ours want to be with us most of the time, whether they've just been fed or not and follow us around the house and garden.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Arfa Daily wibbled on Tuesday 06 July 2010 09:02

I'd have a dog anyday..

Reply to
Tim Watts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Watts saying something like:

Not unlike some humans, then.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Cats only belong to the owner when it suits the cat.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Don't keep the details of which lilies to your self. I want some please. I've sorted the dog owners out but you don't know whose cat it is. I told the dog owner, I know where you live so I will be round to crap on your drive. I have not seen him since!!!!! I thought about sulpheric acid in a water pistol I thought I might hit my car Alan Alan

Reply to
Roberts

I like em both.

It always amuses me that people are on about sacing the enbvironment and hate animals.

Dog crap is an issue, but making people bag it almost makes it worse.

What you need are proper places where people can walk dogs and let them crap. In peace and harmony with Nature.

Tell kids 'this place is full of dog crap: at your own risk'

cats crap a bit more discretely. They cover it up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are are over 140 species of plants that are poisonous to cats.

Its a miracle that they manage to walk around a garden at all without dying.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Some cats cover it up. Many do not.

Reply to
Invisible Man

enews: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk...

Leashed and pick after them. Supposedly the same here; certainly within towns. Sometimes not obeyed. Newfoundland Canada. PS. Of course we have a lot of open country and this does not apply if out hunting rabbits.

Reply to
terry

Close, but you're misreading the situation. The "owners" belong to the cat, when it suits the cat!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

We don't have too much trouble with that here. They tend to sit chatting to people on the pavements and leave a huge pile blocking the whole pavement ;) It is a bloody pain when they do that next to a busy main road when you've got a child in a buggy. The other thing about horse owners, is that the seem to delight in going for a ride down the main roads at rush-hour - we've got bloody miles of open land and bridlepaths (even with special corssings) and they choose to ride along busy roads where there's never enough gap in the oncoming traffic to pass wide of the horse without flooring it to get by very quickly, so you're stuck.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Oh I don't know. Milton Keynes had concrete cows, so why not cement sheep? :)

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I thought about sulpheric acid in a water pistol I thought I might hit my > car That would be illegal and dangerous to other things.

Cats are pretty stupid.. one jumped down into a tray of cactus I had been potting last week.

Reply to
dennis