Missing Prat P certificates and how to get them.

He finally had a long chat with kitchen fitter. The fitter said he could not actually issue Prat P paper work (and advised the fitting company) as the electrical Part P work he did was subsequently modified/rearranged by "other people", thus he could not issue Part P as it was no longer all his installation.

After much head scratching my mate suspects the "other people" are the tiler who did the underfloor heating underfloor heating moving the fused spur and controller from where the fitter initally installed it to somewhere move convenient and the plasterer when he replaced the ceiling rearranged/re-wired all the downlighters so that they illuminated the work surfaces better.

The tiler and plasterer were not employed by the kitchen fitting compamy but were by recommendation from friends.

So still no further forward.

Surely this is a major fault with Prat P that a suitably qualified electrician can come in do his finest certifiable work but not be able to issue Prat P as his work is subsequently modified by other trades in the course of their work.?

Reply to
Ian_m

installer to

plasterboard,

No, that should be down to the project manager to ensure other don't alter anything, and that things are in the correct place in the first place. Not reasonable to expect anyone to certify any type of work that has been altered after they left it, be it gas, electrics or water plumbing. He should have issued the paperwork at the time he finished.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against the part P imposition - it's a pain.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I thinks the issue is - Fitter/Prat P man comes in does all wiring as no ceiling in kitchen so adding ring, adding lights adding cooker feed all easy peasy. Also can just chase down walls for new ring as he sees fit. - Plasterer comes in to replace ceiling, rearranges light wiring as he sees fit, repairs walls. - Fitter comes back fits new kitchen, intends to come back to finish plinths, final checks when tiler has tiled floors and walls. - Tiler does his job but moves fused spur and might have even repositioned some sockets so as to "fit better" with tiles around. - Fitter comes back to finish plinths and complete final electrical test and finds some unknown amount of his worked has been altered.

Fitter refuses to issue Part P as he no longer knows what is his work anymore.

Reply to
Ian_m

message

From

inspection &

appropriately

electrical

socket

stretched

obviously

easily,

losing

company)

modified/rearranged

fused

somewhere

qualified

electrical test

So shoot the project manager who let the other trades alter things. And shoot the planner who choose sub-optimal positions (assuming the new locations are what you now want). I think that the sparks was entirely right not to issue a certificate if others have boogered arround with his work.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The customer is the "project manager". If the plasterer says to customer "I think the lights would be much better moved to here", the customer is hardly likely to say "no" and realise the implications of this decision. Same with the tiler and underfloor heatng control, "he said, oh you don't want to fit it there, it would be much better here..."

Reply to
Ian_m