Mira Excel - Adjusting Maximum Temperature

Turn the cold supply down a little.

Reply to
BigWallop

SWMBO has decided that our shower is too cold, and I'm sure I've read that there may be a way to adjust our Mira Excel shower to give a hotter output temp (if it's not already at maximum). I've managed to get the pdf manual from Mira's web site, however it's for the newer model rather than the older version that's in our house.

Can anyone either point me in the direction of the correct manual, or advise on the procedure? Is there much difference from adjusting the newer models? The model we have is a top exit and is for concealed pipework.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Leigh

Reply to
L Reid

Surely they're balanced? Reading the documents for the newer model, it seems possible to set a range of maximum temperatures by just moving a stop on the valve (unscrewing then refitting in a new position). I'd just like to know if anyone's already done this to a mira excel (an older one - gravity fed so the pressure currently isn't great), and what the procedure is (i.e. does it have this temperature setting too).

Thanks!

Leigh

Reply to
L Reid

Both hot and cold supplies must have isolator valves on them, if they don't I'd have some fitted just in case, so wouldn't it be easier to try turning the cold supply down a bit first to decrease its influence on the shower, before you go taking it apart to change its internal settings ?

Does this look like your mixer valve:

BigWallop

newer model except there's no 'override' button. Looking at your diagram, you pull off the outer temp knob, undo the screw holding part 410.51 on, remove said part and turn the shower 'hotter', refitting part 410.51 back on. I'm not convinced it's hotter, though there's still room for a bit more adjustment. Will find out later tonight when I have my shower! I also suspect that there's no isolator valves for the shower, as it's older than 5 years I suspect.

Leigh

Reply to
L Reid

I think the supply pipework would have isolator valves on it, so if you need that bit extra heat try finding the valves and turn the cold supply water down a tad and it might help you even more.

Good luck with it.

Reply to
BigWallop

SWMBO couldn't stand under it at max last night, so hopefully hot enough. I've adjusted it slightly colder so summer shouldn't pose a problem too. I don't think there's isolator valves for the shower. My new(ish) last flat never had them either, but when looking at flats a bit newer I've found these white plastic panels popping up all over the place, which have the (now regulatory) isolator valves behind them.

Leigh

Reply to
L Reid

It's best to have isolators to any appliance so they can be maintained without turning off the whole supply, so it might be in your interest to have some fitted. I can imagine if you have a fault, a leak or a blocked shower and have to turn everything off for a couple of days before you get the parts. SWMBO would not be happy then. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop