Mercury powder from flourescent tubes?

This is probably just my poor eyesight playing up but 51 seconds into this video it looks very much like they break flourescent tubes across their bodies and then eat the glass, along with whatever powder is in there.

Surely can't be flooies... can it?

Pete

do it with those fluorescents. :-)

Stood watching in Colombo when a couple of fakirs were smashing fluorescents and eating them - with blood smearing their faces. Utterly amazing. But I couldn't see any tricks - just determination and skill.

Reply to
polygonum

Its probably all fake in any case. Whatever happened though to the old, don't try this at home, thing. I bet some idiot would try it. I cannot see it but from the description it sounds a bit gross. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Phil

My father told me that during WW2 he knew one chap whose party trick was to drink his wine and then eat the glass afterwards.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

In message , Brian Gaff wrote

It's India where there is no Elfin Safety and life is cheap.

It's not all fake but it is an act. Being hit with a fluorescent tube will probably not hurt unless you get hit by the metal end caps. They didn't appear to be swallowing the glass tubes, they were just breaking off the parts of a previously broken tube with their teeth.

As for the bed of nails, everyone should realise that it not just one point of contact on a single nail. The breaking of light weight cement block on the chest with a sledge hammer is an often seen UK act.

The original poster was suggesting that it probably wasn't sensible to use 40 or so old fluorescent tubes because of the potential dangerous contents.

Reply to
Alan

The poofs. Should have done it with them lit. It would have looked like they were hitting that big boy with light sabres.

Reply to
Onetap