MEM Gridwwitch 8000

Page 4 of 4
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:33:43 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

But they have hoses through them and the hole for a washing machine connector won't take a 13A plug...
In the "new kitchen" I suspect I'll fit one set of water isolator valves rather than individual ones per outlet.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Does that mean when the dishwasher has to be sent back for repair, you can't use the washing machine because you can't turn off the hose individually?
Christian.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:42:12 -0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

Can you get washing machine conectors without a valve built in? I was really thinking of taps etc...
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

In any case, the same point still stands. You may wish to isolate one outlet until the opportunity arises to complete a repair. If you have a badly leaking tap that requires a 'O' ring to be ordered in, would you want the entire kitchen isolated until you can get round to ordering and fitting it?
As isolating valves cost 49p at screwfix and take seconds to fix, why not bother installing them?
Christian.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:19:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"

15mm x 3/4" BSP male, BES 9011
should be it
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:33:43 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

snip
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for not saying "Plug out"
Such an ugly phrase, and it is becoming so popular amongst the great unwashed (IMHO)
Paul Mc Cann

I wouldn't as it refers to a specific operation involving jackfields and cross normalling.
At least three people here will know what I'm on about. ;-)
--
*Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:54:11 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

People separated by a common language? "plug out" and "cross normalling" must be an ITV terms for the BBC's "jack out" and either "double innered" or "normalled" depending on how things are actually wired.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Cross normalling is slightly more descriptive to an operator than double innered which is the (BBC) engineering term. But it is an ITV term. And you tend to refer to plugging up a jackfield rather than jacking it up which sounds slightly rude.
--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:37:06 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

But "double innered" is not the same a "normalled", I can see that is slightly simpler to understand though. Double innering needs two plugs to be inserted to isolate the source and destination, you need to "jack out" the unwanted inner.
Normalling is broken with just one plug.
Gawd this is ancient stuff I had to draw it out, don't often see double innered stuff these days or listen/source/destination (or something like that). These days why use 2 or 3 sockets when one will do...

B-) Plugging up yes, but you "jack out" double innering.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Cross normalled is the same as double innered - ie two jacks which are both listens until both are used when they both become break jacks. At one time, you'd have a two listens and two breaks. With cross normalled, it allows you to isolate both source and destination with two less jacks for almost all applications.

Yup.
Still in use, though. Not everything is digital.

Either would do.
--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:02:23 +0000, Paul Mc Cann

Is this like the American use of phrases like "deplaning momentarily" when you wish they'd hurry up and open the door.?