Maybe OT: LED bulb for car interior light

What about the fade effect most modern cars have now ? How is that effected ?

Reply to
Hankat

In my car, it is quite badly affected. It flickers a few times and is quite rapid to off. Worth putting up with, for the much brighter more useful lights and no heat damage to the lamp fittings.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

He asked how it was *effected*. I would guess at a PWM style dinner.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The original interior lighting in my old Rover was true Toc-H. Trying larger tungsten resulted in melted fittings. So installed two star LEDS -

2w IIRC - in each one. There was already a delay unit which kept the lights on for 30 seconds or so when leaving the car, so replaced that with a home designed combination LED driver and timer. Which also fades them in and out. The fade out works perfectly - but the slight delay before they trigger means the fade up isn't as good.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hankat presented the following explanation :

It's not a smooth fade up/down and stutters a bit but it's not bad and takes about the same time, certainly no longer.

Reply to
Steve

You mean brown bread base with pea capacitors, 100s & 1000s resistors, sugar paste wiring?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The other thing to keep in mind is that the brightness level needs to match the temperature to look "right". So we are accustomed to seeing higher CT sources (like daylight) at much higher brightness levels. So even some of the good higher CT LEDs will look "too blue" if there is just one of them. Slap 5 together so its much brighter, and it begins to look "normal" again.

Reply to
John Rumm