Makita Impact screwdriver bits

I've a got the small Makita impact screw driver. It has smashed its way through all my bits so I am looking for replacements.

Any recommendations?

mark

Reply to
mark

I bought this set a couple of years ago (on recommendation of somebody here ISTR)

've only had to discard one bit so far.

Reply to
pcb1962

Wiha or Wera

As far up the range as you can afford to go.

recently collected together all the bits that had survived long term heavy usage - they were mostly Wiha Dura bits.

Reply to
dom

I've had the opposite experience & found that the more expensive ones shatter! I buy the plastic tic tac boxes of 20 or so bits, last lot DeWalt on offer @ SF or Wickes own label - About a £5 a box maximum.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wera diamond coated.

dan.

Reply to
dent

Not very good in an impact driver in my experience - they shatter. Presumably they are given a much higher temper to slow down wear in a normal driver. Cheapos, if you get the right box, can last better than those, or the Dura ones are the best.

Reply to
Bolted