Main Medway multipoint / flow rate

Anyone know what it should be pushing out ?
Ours is a sack of crap, and although it`s been a while since I tested it, i`m sure i`m only getting just over 6 lpm...
TIA

About right for one of those.

It should be 6.5 lpm for a 50C temp rise. For a 35C rise normally quoted for combis, that would equate to 9.3 lpm.
I don't know what controls that model has, but if you can turn its temperature down when you don't need very hot water rather than mixing in cold water a point of use (such as filling a bath), it will become more efficient at the lower output temperature and you'll get an even higher flowrate. This trick might not work with a thermostatic shower mixer though (often they require a multipoint to be set to max temperature).
Checking and if necessary descaling the heat exchanger is part of the maintenance procedure. If it scales up, the efficiency and hence flowrate for a given temperature rise will quickly drop.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Aha, ok cheers...

I think it`s only got a winter / summer setting...

Don`t think it`s ever been serviced, apart from a thermocouple being replaced :-}
(I started another thread about getting central heating, it isn`t long for this world, and not worth worrying about !)
-- Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam * --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

OK. There's a family of them, which also changes over time. They've basically all got the same burner and heat exchanger (although not quite identical enough to all be interchangable). They vary in the controls. A Medway Super has a knob on the front to set the max temperature (actually, I think it's max temperature rise). Sounds like your Medway may be a predecessor with a simpler setting.

Mine died a month before I started installing central heating, so I had to replace it then and there. Since I then had a brand new one, I decided to keep it for hot water, and that simplified the heating. Being very much simpler and more reliable than a boiler, and not requiring an electricity supply to operate seemed to be two plus points. I think the old one was over 25 years old when it died, but it showed signs of having been badly treated at some stage before I took it on.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Doesn`t bode well for me then - this was about 13 years old at most :-}